These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on forum.company-tycoon.com. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
Board/Forum Rules and Languages
- These rules apply in the discussion boards of the web pages of Company Tycoon.
- We provide you with the Forum a platform for communication, a respectful approach is absolutely essential. Treat others how you would like to be treated yourself and remain friendly please.
- Of course you may write in any language you are familiar with but keep in mind that not everyone may be familiar with every language. The official languages are English and German (at the moment), if you write in one of those you may receive an answer quickly.
Please take care: There are board-areas labelled as German-language ("Deutschsprachig") or English-language. In these areas only the assigned language should be spoken (written/posted). There is also an "International" area where both languages are allowed.
The user interface of the board may be displayed in almost every language that is spoken anywhere on the world. You can change the settings in the "User Control Panel" -> Board preferences. If you desire a language that is not listed then please contact a board-administrator. We will try to offer any requested language.
- No team member, be they Moderator, Operator, Administrator or Developer, will ever ask you to give your account password to them! Neither your Board-Account nor your Ingame-Account! Never tell anyone your password!
- To avoid misunderstandings here is a short explanation of terms used in these rules:
1. Colloquially, "Board" and "Forum" are used as alternative words for the whole Board/Forum, but an exact distinction is necessary. Board indicates the whole "Forum". The Board splits into Categories, which contain single Forums. Each Forum has multiple Topics consisting of Posts/Postings.
2. The descriptions of the team ranks ingame and on the Board are the same, but sometimes have different meanings. Especially the ingame-Administrators and Board-Administrators, but also the Moderators can be different persons and one person may have different ranks ingame and on the Board.
Content of Posts
- Insulting other forum users or the staff is prohibited. This already results from the rules of etiquette, but should be emphasised here again.
- Posts with racist, sexist, vulgar or any other harmful statements are also not allowed. Images with corresponding contents are also prohibited.
- All links and documentation that instruct cheating are removed. Discussions of file sharing tools will have no place in the forum because of the associated copyright infringement.
- The naming or denunciation of users / players, whom (allegedly) exploit bugs or other inconsistencies, is not permitted, as this can lead to unjustified accusations. Likewise publishing player blacklists or links to such lists is prohibited.
If you think, a player exploits a bug illegally or breaks the rules in any other way you should make a report to the support (send an email to ).
- The denunciation of Gold Bars and its users is not permitted and leads to an immediate warning. The use of Gold Bars is an explicit part of the game. The same applies to the premium account ("VIP-Account").
- It should be noted that violations of criminal laws in the internet are also subject to prosecution and can be brought to the police.
- We do not condone advertising for commercial sites in our forums. You can link to personal homepages, provided the content adheres to the general requirements (in particular any illegal, harmful, abusive, vulgar, racist, ethnically dubious or other harmful content), and the content corresponds to the link in the signatures.
- Subjects about popular games/products (excluding advertising content) and their evaluation, etc. - unless they are in direct competition with Company Tycoon - are allowed. Providing links on the board to sites of such games/products, however, is not allowed.
- Posting spam, wares, cheats, cd-keys etc. will be punished with immediate warning. The same goes for links to such contents.
- Personally attacking other users, spaming, baiting, hunting etc. will also be punished with an immediate warning. Users who put a reply in such a thread will also be warned.
- Posts that violate the forum’s statutes and these rules must not be quoted! Quotations will be punished with a warning as well as the quoted post.
- So-called spamming or hazing, creating posts containing only smilies or individual words are prohibited. Basically a post should contribute to the topic and be self-explanatory.
- Birthday threads are forbidden and will be removed without comment.
- Vote Threads (for pushing bands / people / guinea pigs) are not allowed. As well as surveys for school, college or clubs are not allowed. Should the subject be of a more comprehensive capacity and/or has a certain relationship to Company Tycoon (e.g. User preferences on games in the internet), there is the possibility that the mods or admins are asked for permission before creating a post.
- Thread tags are there to correctly identify threads, and not purely attributed to nonsense. We reserve the right to penalise infringements accordingly.
- Blogging in the forum is prohibited, however, in the roleplay-area it is allowed to create one topic per company to publish "press releases" to attract potential customers or suppliers to you. Further messages should be posted as a reply to your first post.
- Posts that are written without commas and loaded with spelling errors will be ignored quickly. Moreover, such a messy post is rude to the readers, because it needs more effort to read. For this you should look at the edit function, to make the post clearer.
- If you subsequently think of something, please do not produce double post, instead use the Edit function. Exception: Extensive new information is added or the last post is more than 24 hours ago.
- More emphasis in the thread title, by excessive use of special characters, etc. is also not allowed.
- Discussions that deal with politics, ideology and similar controversial topics are to be performed with extra care and with sensitivity. Such issues can quickly lead to bitter disputes, please visit another board that deals with those topics. Here on this board topics like these are prohibited.
- Moderators may edit your post or add something to it. Such posts by moderators, as well as "edits" or comments, or additions are always recognizable as such and are not to be corrected, edited or deleted by the user. Violators will be immediately punished.
More Board/Forum Rules
- As well as ingame, possession of more than one account is prohibited. Potential secondary accounts will be blocked even if they are not in use. Should this lead to misunderstandings, this can be resolved with one of the moderators.
- Manually inserting graphics in the signature of a post is permitted, but restricted, for reasons of clarity. The files must not be too large, so they do not cause long loading time. It is forbidden to put images above a size of 800 * 600 pixels directly. Used in this case, installing a link or creating a thumbnail for larger images will be removed under certain circumstances with no comment.
- Deputy moderators are not welcome. In problematic threads, the moderators will take care of it. Except for reporting posts or PMs the team does not rely on the educational support from the users. The purpose of this rule is not to inflate and push stupid threads unnecessarily.
- Publishing private correspondence between members of the Company Tycoon team and users is strictly forbidden! This also applies for private communication between users. If you want to make a private message accessible to the public, the consent of both participants is required.
- It generally pertains to respect the privacy of the Company Tycoon users and basically to not disclose any personal information (address, phone number, email address, RL name ...) of others without their consent. Furthermore it is prohibited to publicly your own adress or phonenumber. The profilefield "location" may only contain a city or region name. The indication is voluntary.
- The search function is your friend; use it as well as the FAQ section. Basic questions can be cleared up quickly.
- For private discussions please use the PM function or personal messaging (e.g. Skype).
- Please do not create threads @ User XY, this is what the PM function is used for.
Position of the Moderators, Measures for Violations of the Rules
- Users have to follow instructions from moderators and administrators, no matter if the instruction is to do something, not to do something or whatever. If you don't agree, you are free to complain according to the rules (see below).
- The moderators have the right to penalise infringements of the above rules. This can result in the editing of posts and the closing of threads, through to the warning or banning of the user.
- Principally, a user is banned for receiving a third warning, warnings are declared usually clearly recognisable as a warning (rather than a reprimand etc.). They shall be made by PM or email and may not be spoken about in the relevant threads. In particularly serious violations, however, the ban can be placed earlier, without previous warnings.
- Ignoring the instructions of a moderator, such as opening a new thread with the same subject as a previously closed or deleted thread is not allowed, and will be dealt with a warning or a ban.
- In the event of a user’s account been terminated, the user logging in again is not permitted (risk of circumvention). In exceptional cases, it is at the discretion of the Operators /Administrators to unlock new registrations for this user.
- If a user is not satisfied with the measure of a moderator, the user may ask them for s reason for this via PM; we are always ready to explain our actions in private. This also means that we will not tolerate public discussions.
- In the event that you want to complain about a moderator, you can contact the relevant person as explained below;
- If it is only about the board, complain to a Board-Administrator.
- If it is about ingame incidents, contact the Operator. You can reach them via PM on the board or send an email to the support team.
Complaints about an Operator are to be addressed to an Ingame-Administrator. If you have a complaint about an Administrator, you can contact the Manager.
- Finally, the game rules and the general Terms of Service (ToS) / Terms and Conditions of Dorado Games apply here and are valid (available in game).
- Such a list of rules can never be complete. In the case of changes or additions to the Board/Forum rules, you will be informed accordingly in the Board/Forums.